Junior software developer with focus on customer support (f/m/x)
metr is developing an IoT-platform and a multi-protocol gateway that enables connected use cases in the residential building industry. Our hardware and software solutions provide device connectivity, data collection and analysis and based on this, the development of new business cases for housing companies. Examples include sub-metering, smart locks, central heating optimization, and predictive maintenance – everything that helps housing companies make their administrative processes more efficient. Our solutions support property managers in simplifying the complex management of residential buildings.
As a junior software developer you will become part of our Tech Team and support our software development and work on customer requests.
metrs Tech Team
Our tech team appreciates a good code. Using TDD and pair programming, we create code that is easy to maintain. Automated testing and easy deployment are core elements of our development. In regular updates we discuss for example the new architecture and various unit tests and look forward to your input in our collaborative process.
- You have a strong interest in the implementation of innovative technologies and a keen sense for software and hardware.
- You enjoy working on new projects and inspiring our customers.
- Together with software development, product and project management you solve technical issues, identify customer requirements and help to transform them into software solutions.
- You will identify solutions with the help of our development team.
- You will support our customers in solving problems with hardware, software, operating systems and web platforms via telephone, e-mail and chat.
- You will analyse incidents, patterns and their causes, draw conclusions from this and communicate them within the team.
- You are customer oriented and have at least 2 years experience in technical customer support.
- You have an intermediate diploma, bachelor's degree, a technical degree or comparable practical experience (computer technology, mechanical engineering, MIS, etc.).
- You speak fluent German and English.
Your benefits - a sweet deal
A steep learning curve and deep insights in an established, well financed, agile and committed start-up with experienced management and the support of strongly networked investors and customers
- Open & independent start-up culture, with international team members
- Responsibility for your projects from day one, no micromanagement, because you are a full member of our team - with us you can make an impact and leave your mark
- Permanent full-time contract with an attractive salary
- Flexible working hours and hardware of your choice
- Daily drinks and fruit
- Access to the Factory, Berlin's largest entrepreneurial and innovation community and its events
- 50% discount at Urban Sport Club and access to more than 500 sport clubs and associations in Berlin